Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Plans to Train for Snakes

It came to my attention this morning that I know virtually nothing about snakes. I don't know which ones are the deadliest and which are venomous, which are constrictors and which ones eat corn. I don't know where different snakes are from, whether they are African or European, what they can swallow...

Part of the problem is that I am so spoiled. Where do you find rattlesnakes? Where do you find King Cobras? And Gila Monsters and Monitors and Giant Turtles? ...Uh in the Reptile House??? Thanks awesome Toledo Zoo! (And it's really nice with lots of WPA architecture.)

Thinking of architecture makes me think of Pittsburgh. I would love to go take a tour of their buildings and bridges. Very cool. I have mixed feelings about their Natural History Museum. Other than the rock and gem gallery, which is worth the price of admission by itself, it's mostly a lot of... Well see, the dinosaur skeletons and the ancient columns look so cool, but then you realize all these things are made out of plaster of paris, so... and then you realize, Wow, somebody made all these things out of plaster of paris! See, mixed feelings. It's not antiquity, it's art! : )

Still so happy I went to the Franklin Institute last summer and saw the Gallileo exhibit. I was mere inches from 2 of Gallileo's own telescopes. COOL!!!

So why am I worried about snakes? Because if I ever go on Jeopardy, I'll need to study this. Thanks random conversations, much obliged! : )

No comments: