Friday, June 8, 2007

Feelin' Graphy

You know how on TV crime shows they run things through a "machine" and get a little graph like this:
http://www.mikanservicesltd.com/images/vib-analysis.gif
and say something like "Look, it's made of lead. It must be paint." (Okay, I know it would have been better to say something really, really specific. "We ran it through our Everything in the World Database and it's exactly This."--Trade secrets aside! But I need to move along.)

In a really simplistic way, it could be applied to people. It's really easy for me to use my "spikes". And I'm blessed and it's wonderful, but I get stuck in a rut almost. And then I wonder why I can't do something else...

"How could you not do X? You're excellent at Y!"

I think I need to put down the hammer and just learn how to use the screwdriver like everybody else. Do the work and do the practice. Doing it badly is better than not at all.

------------------------------------
Superpower of Marginal Utility: Untying knots.

No comments: