Wednesday, December 16, 2009

For the Best

Wow, I really need to hurry up and finish reading "Candide". I've been reading it a little bit at a time for weeks and it's starting to affect me. Everything is "For the best". Arguing is "For the best" because it highlights relationship issues and will lead to improvements. Having no money for christmas is "For the best" because it's money I won't be spending... (?) Anger at work is "For the best" because it reinforces home relationships and strengthens "us vs. them" alignments and helps work-life balance. Acting like an idiot and become a parody is "For the best" because I can't have a serious issue if it can't be taken seriously. If my mom loses her independence it might be "For the best" because she's lonely. I can't think of much about my Dad's situation that's "For the best". Except for maybe that he's very loving now. It was kind of business-y before. Love is all we have left...

1 comment:

sgreerpitt said...

Not everything has an upside.