Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Unreal

I saw on TV last night that Britney Spears got her lips pouffed up.

Woke up this morning thinking about fame. Sometimes I wonder why none of my friends are famous. I don't mean why don't I acquaint myself with famous people, I mean how is the world missing out on all that specialness? Talented writers, comedians, musicians, leaders. People with grace, wisdom and the common sense to point out door #3.

I was half asleep but some formula was trying to form... caring is inverse to distance... the pedestal looks taller up close... 100,000 screaming fans equals one good conversation with a friend...

The world may be missing out, but us people are not. We have our own treasures.

------------------------------------
Funniest thing I saw "today": Last night I stopped at the grocery store and I ran back to get celery for our snack. A lady came through the door, looked at me and said, "I look good. Everything I'm wearing is black and white." She kind of raised her left hand up towards her ear and continued, "Even my earrings are black and white." I said, "Sure, you look nice." and she smiled and walked away. What was that? Er, I'm sort of wearing black and white, okay... Then she turned towards the right and then I saw the blue cell phone attached to her right ear.

------------------------------------
Mashup I am not going to make: "All Star" and "Hello"

1 comment:

Tink said...

The people that circle my life may not be on prime time TV or own a tropical island, but I wouldn't trade them for anything... that includes the online friends I have never met face to face, yet they inspire me to think a little harder, dig a little deeper and love a little stronger. Your words inspire and that is better than poofy lips any day.